Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In Introduction to the Author



Good Morning Wednesday, here I am.

I started this blog a couple months ago, signed up, designed it, made it just the way I wanted it. I even came up with a semi-creative name for it. And then... nothing. I never made a blog! So, well, a friend of mine (her name is Raven) is probably going to be following this page soon. So *sigh* I should start writing in it.

I can't promise to take this in any straight direction in general. I DO promise to write about more than homebirth, breastfeeding, being a mama, and how much more crunchy I get everyday. I think. Ok, maybe not, but I'll try.

You may be wondering, who the heck is she anyway?! Or, if you came from Facebook, then probably not. Let me tell you anyway. Besides, if we just "knew each other" years ago, then it's safe to say we don't know each other anymore.

My name is Kayla. I'm 22 [almost 23]. Just a little over two years ago, I made the mistake of sleeping with a good friend of mine. Well, thankfully, that was not a mistake after all, as I soon discovered he was in fact my best friend and soul-mate, and little did I know then that soon my life would be more rich and amazing than I could ever imagine.

Just under a year into our relationship [a wonderful relationship, mind you!] we found out we were going to have a baby! I'll just skip all the part about I-don't-knows and what-do-we-dos and jump in about four months into the pregnancy - we were excited!!! And, exactly nine months and eight days ago I experienced real life for the first time - life as a mother. That day, September 1, 2009, was not simply the birth of our daughter, Aria, but the rebirth of me as well. And no, I haven't been nearly the same since.

To keep the rest of it short, I am a:
Homebirthing, co-sleeping, breastfeeding, cloth-diapering, non-vaccinating, organic-eating, home-cooking, green-cleaning, coffee-drinking, youtube-vlogging, stay-at-home mama of one beautiful, perfect little 9-month-old wonder.


My incredible better half and our amazing baby girl.

1 comment: